Guidance for those attending face to face worship at BRMC
Guidance pending update following step 4 relaxations
Jesus challenged his disciples to ‘love one another, as I have loved you’ (John 15:12).
As we emerge to begin worshipping God together face to face, we ask that everyone shows love for one another by seeking to follow the guidance outlined below.
The guidance below explains some of the things you need to know about attending face to face worship at BRMC. Guidance last updated 13/4/21, additions in bold
Worshipping face to face with one another in love
- Please do not attend face to face worship if you have any symptoms of Covid-19 (high temperature, new or continuous cough, change/loss to sense of taste/smell)
- At all times please maintain 2m social distance between households
Additional note as we enter Tier 2: While in the building, please do not ‘interact with anyone outside your household or support bubble’.
Wear a face covering while in the building (unless medically or otherwise exempt)
- Additional guidance may be given by stewards/preacher as appropriate.
- The building will open for the congregation from 10:15, please try not arrive before that time.
- On arrival please queue on the pavement, 2m distance from one another.
- A steward will let you know when to enter the building.
- Please follow the one-way system (marked with green arrows)
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided in the foyer
- As you enter the worship area, another steward will take your contact details for our track and trace record
- The offering plate will be at the back of the church as you arrive.
- Follow the one-way system to find a seat and remain there until the service ends (steward will assist).
- You will need to sit with your household/bubble and not ‘interact with anyone outside your household or support bubble’ while in the building.
- We will initially have a capacity set at 30 people.
- We encourage you to bring your own bible with you.
- Worship services will last around 45 minutes, with no singing, notice sheets or handouts.
Some words for songs or prayers may be displayed on the screen.
If you have prayer requests, we may include open prayer, or prayer requests can be communicated to stewards or preacher in advance.
- Children and young people will need to remain with parent/carers throughout.
- When communion is celebrated every effort will be made to ensure it is celebrated as safety and hygienically as possible.
- Communion will be shared in one kind only (bread).
- Communion will be brought to you in your seats.
- On the day the preacher will talk through in more detail what will happen.
- Please wait until a steward indicates it is safe for you to leave.
- Please follow the one-way system as directed by stewards, and refrain from talking to each other until you have left the building.
- During May we will trial using the main glass doors for exit at the end of the service.
- Once you have left the building, please move well out of the way of the doors. If you wish to chat with others when outside, please observe the rule of 6, and we recommend keeping face coverings on at this time.
- Note that there will be no refreshments served at the moment.
- Please note that while people are arriving (between 10:15 and 10:30 the toilets will not be accessible.
- The toilet in the choir vestry can be used during this time in an emergency.
- Other areas of the building (corridor/vestry/upstairs/hall etc) will be closed. This reduces the amount of cleaning that needs undertaking by our volunteers.
If you are planning to attend face to face worship in the coming weeks, we look forward to seeing you soon. If you are unsure, have decided not to attend for the moment, or can’t attend, please know that you continue to be in the thoughts and prayers of others, and phone and zoom worship opportunties will continue to be available.
We continue to be a learning community as we joruney through this pandemic, and continue to review and update guidance as necessary. If you have quesitons or concerns, please speak to a church steward or contact our minister Rev Dan Balsdon, email@example.com | Tel: 01243 823895